Wednesday, October 20, 2010

what we've been up to.......

Something frightening is happening to me - I have been overtaken by someone who LOVES to craft!
Here are a few of my latest projects......... This is an AWESOME desk my mother-in-law gave us when we moved to Utah 2 years ago that was in desperate need of a paint job - so I initially painted it black but the paint never set and stayed super tacky - so I stripped it, sanded it, and painted it a funky color and then stained it - I even filled the original hardware holes and drilled new ones and replace it with some new fun hardware....Adam is not a fan of the color but I was SOOOOO sick of everything being black - so here it is after only 28 HOURS of hard labor:) wish I had a before pic - sorry!


This beauty I found on the side of the road in good old Rexburg and we have had it since Gabe was 1 (so 3 years) - it had a lovely laminate finish from the 70's and I finally got around to painting it - this baby only took like 3 hours to complete - my kind of project:)

Okay so enough about my new hobby - here are my DARLING boys!
Fun at the Pack Farm Pumpkin Patch....

Friends Faith and Rahel...Kent would NOT hold still at all:)


Awe......aren't they so stinking cute!?

3 comments:

Camie Walworth said...

I LOVE the desk!! you are so talented...and your boys are so cute!!

Sharla said...

Good job Ang! From the looks of it, those 28 hours were worth it. So cute! I'm sure this new hobby will leave you with endless possibilities. You'll never be content with boring furniture again!

lemon twigs said...

I'm in love with the desk...I might steal your idea when you're not looking (o: You did an awesome job on the night stand too. I'm a little jealous of your spray painting skills...sigh.