Thursday, November 19, 2009

My SORRY Attempts at being crafty:)

So...lately I have been feeling super guilty because when Kent takes a nap - I tell Gabe it is quiet time (which basically means watch cartoons and leave me alone for a minute). So I have decided to make Kent's nap time a time when Gabe and I can do something that Kent would try to eat or otherwise destroy with his curiosity if he were awake:) So here is our first attempt yesterday...this is super easy just crush up leaves (the ones we used weren't all the way crispy so I actually microwaved them for 30 sec) and draw a design on paper with glue and then sprinkle leaves and tada! I found the idea at http://www.makeandtakes.com/weekend-make-and-takes-leaves

Here is Gabe sprinkling the leaves
This is my EXTREMELY sorry attempt at a sweater purse....it is super easy but my skills are a bit lacking (sorry pics are sideways - I am not smart enough to figure out how to flip). This is were I found directions http://perchedonawhim.com/?p=81



Okay this is just ridiculous but since I made the purse I had some scraps left over and thought 'lets make snakes for our nap craft' - Gabe had fun but he is a sweetie....they turned out a bit ...oh how should I put it - weird! Oh well Gabe had fun stuffing them and then when Kent woke up they had fun chasing and hitting each other with them:)


Notice the fine craftsmanship of the snakes (ie the huge white stitch marks from where I accidentally cut through the snake while cutting some threads)....I think my crafting day are over - Gabe will probably be relieved he can just watch cartoons and not have to put up with his mother's amazing crafting skills!

4 comments:

Camie Walworth said...

loving the crafts...so fun!! but hey don't feel guilty about needing a little alone time...I think kids need that time too...

Jamie said...

Ang....the crafts look great. You are such a cute mom...and such cute ideas...you are doing a heck of a lot better than i would.Love and miss ya!

Sharla said...

Cute! Those are some great ideas. And don't feel one bit guilty. I am ignoring my kids while I read your blog. ;) Okay, I'll get back to them...

CARRIE "THE FABULOUS" said...

Girl u are so good at creating fun and dif things to do :)
LOve you can't wait to see you next week, the boys are beautiful!!