Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Home Inspection = Fabulous News!

We had the home inspection done today.  The inspector told us that it would be more wise just to ground one outlet per room (kitchen/bath already grounded) instead of re-wiring the entire house...this is going to save us $9-10K - oh happy day!  I also tried to pull the garden of sticker weeds (not sure on technical name) on a park strip and oh my that is going to be A LOT of work - I got about 1/2 done and then I thought to myself....we aren't moving in until december and I am assuming that they will be covered with snow or die when they freeze (hopefully) so the little lovelies are going to be staying until next spring and then they will go - hoping I have the energy to pull them then:)
With the home inspection came a new list of things to fix:
1) faucet and toilet valve in bathroom
2) replace water heater
3) new shingles on garage area
4) re-plumb sink in laundry room (sort of a hot mess)
5) install rain gutters
Even with all the new to-do's I am SOOOO freaking happy we don't have to do a complete rewire! HAPPY DAY:)

No comments: