Friday, June 13, 2008

Sorry, I need to vent!

So I am 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant and had my weekly checkup today. I told the doctor about the strong contractions I have been having every 10-15 minutes since last Friday and he said, "I am sure you are all ready to go then...I will strip your membranes and get the show on the road". I almost wet myself with excitement because it is so hard for me to get around and to wrangle Gabe with this huge belly. Anywho, he did my examination (fun stuff) and he was shocked because I am barely dialated to a 1! He decided to hook me up to the non-stress test machine to monitor my contractions and yep every 10 minutes and they rate the strength between a 1-10 and mine were around 8 which means painful but lucky me they aren't doing a darn thing! So, there it is my little rant:) On the bright side he said that they would induce me at 39 weeks being so I can't sleep through these contractions and I can't keep up with Gabe plus I have this wierd itchy thing because my liver and gallbladder are not working as they should. So, my official 39 week date is June 23rd so please pray that the doctor is kind enough to take care of business that exact day - this baby is cooked and this mama is ready to meet him:) PS - if anyone has any suggestions on how to get this labor started I am up for ANY suggestions....I heard eating pineapple works so on Wednesday I ate an entire 2 lb pineapple by myself but just ended up with heart burn:)

5 comments:

Camie Walworth said...

You Poor Thing!!! I am praying things get moving before the 23rd..
Hang in there!

The Happy Holladay's said...

Hey Ang its Heidi! Jed's sister! How the heck are you! I am so happy that I found your blog! I can't wait to get caught up!
Good Luck with the pregnancy.

Erin said...

Oh Ang..I feel so bad for you! I think the last 4-6 weeks of pregnancy are just torture. I did figure out that it makes you hate being pregnant bad enough to wish the baby to come....but then you have diapers, around the clock feedings, constant crying all while your chasing your oldest...sigh...I guess it's the price we pay for being mom's! Good luck...I'll pray he comes soon!!!

Tsosie and Peterson Bunch said...

Ang- Try garlic chicken pizza. I've heard it's a miracle. Around here they call it the pregnancy pizza. We can't wait to hear the new baby's here.
--Heather and family

CARRIE "THE FABULOUS" said...

yA KNOW THERE ARE THINGS TO SPEED THIS UP......heehee